You see there’s a need for us to up our games so as to stay healthy, happy with flawless skin while carrying out our activities this summer. There are plenty of things to do to achieve this. You can go for natural remedies or use cosmetic products as you see fit. Just make sure that whichever way you choose should be affordable to you so as to avoid unnecessary spending. Also there’s need to consider skin type, usage and allergens for any product you want to buy.
There are simple natural routines to follow as well as some of our kitchen ingredients that can help us out.
The Hottest Time of the Day: We all know that the Sun becomes hotter as from 9a.m. to 3p.m., unlike other times of the day between the rising of the Sun(6a.m. to 8a.m., and the setting of the Sun(4p.m. to 6p.m.). Since the Sun is most intense during the most productive time of the day ( work time, school time, etc), always seek shade using an umbrella, tree or other type of shelter; wear protective clothing, or use hats, face cap, sunshade to avoid damages to the eye.
Healthy Lifestyle Choices: Smoking damages collagen in your skin. It will be really helpful to stop smoking. Eat proper diet full of fruits, vegetables, grains and plenty of water. Sleep regularly and engage in less stress activities.
Some Kitchen Ingredients that Works Wonders.
*Turmeric: It contains natural antioxidants, antiseptic skin brightening properties. A paste of turmeric helps to remove tan and treat blemishes.
*Tomato Juice: Tomatoes help to shrink pores. Add a few drops of lemon into tomato juice apply on your face. Rinse with lukewarm water. Tomatoes also reduce blackheads. Use tomato slice and massage your blackhead prone areas.
* Lemon: This is very high in vitamin C, using it everyday can make your skin bright and healthy. It can lighten the skin, since it has bleaching properties and can also detoxify. Be cautious not to overdo it to avoid burning sensation.
* Raw Potato: This brightens the skin. Mash the potato, apply it on your face like packs and after few mintues rinse with lukewarm water. Also keep slices of potato on your eye for some minutes to treat under eye dark circles.
* Aloe Vera: This special plant that stores water in its body helps the body to stay cool when it is consumed. It kills different kinds of bacteria, fungi and viruses. Applying it to your skin helps to soothe the skin and has a healing effect on burns. It is a great moisturizer for acne prone dry skin.
*Mix honey and milk: This brings out the flawless glow every woman craves for. Milk prevents acne and moisturizes the skin well.
* Curd: This is a dairy product that is rich in calcium and magnesium, good for bone strengthening. It is a great exfoliator.
* Oatmeal: It has healing properties for inside as well as outside our body.
* Mix coffee grounds with oil and sea salt: Use this as exfoliator to remove dulling skin debris and piled up dead cells. Debris can congest the skin, making it difficult for the skin to breathe.
* Always drink water: Plenty water makes the skin tissue healthy. It makes the skin supple, soft and radiant. Take a minimum of 2-3 litres a day as it helps to flush toxins out through urine and sweat.
Beauty Products Remedies
* Stay low on makeup: Ease it up on your makeup for now. Don’t go for heavy makeup so as to allow the skin breathe. Ensure to take it off before sleeping.
* Use a face wash that is summer friendly. Don’t go for nourishing face wash but go for the ones that can draw out the excess oil from your skin. Use a non-foaming cleanser if you have dry skin. Also wash your face regularly to keep it clean and refreshed.
* Good antioxidant serum for your facial care: This type hydrates the skin, protects the skin from environmental damages. It boosts collagen production and scavenges for harmful free radicals to prevent skin damage.
* Yogurt Creams: These body moisturizers make the skin feel moisturized without the stickiness.
%ing summer it’s advisable to constantly wear sunscreens. Opt for one that has broad ultraviolet spectrum ( between 30-50 SPF and covers UVA and UVB rays). Reapply every three hours if you are under the sun all day. Ensure to cover hands, shoulders, neck and feet.
Below are tips for different skin types.
* For sensitive skin use ones that do not contain chemicals that act as irritant and that won’t draw heat.
* For oily skin look out for skin care formulas that allow oil absorption and embrace light weight formulas.
* For dry skin go for ones that have additional ingredients to hydrate and protect. Ingredients like vitamin B3, hyaluronic acid, lactic acid, mexoryl, etc.
* If you react to chemical sunscreens, you can use mineral sunscreens. They contain skin friendly broad spectrum mineral,soothing green tea, cucumbers, etc.
Go for lighter moisturizers that are non-greasy.
ter moisturizers that are non-greasy.
Opt for a good refreshing toner to help close open pores. This is to prevent oil accumulation in open pores. A cucumber or aloe vera based toner is light and refreshing and while toning your face much attention should be given to the t-zone of the face as it has the biggest concentration of sebaceous glands.
Eye Region: Go for a good undereye gel that contains hyaluronic acid, cucumber or honey to keep the eye region skin hydrated as well as prevent wrinkles.
Follow these tips, either natural remedies, beauty product remedies or both to be your glowing self this summer.